Saturday 26/09/2020 Shop Ride
Images are pre-COVID
Please see staggered meet times..
Group 1 meeting at The Grain Store Coffeehouse NN14 4ES 08:20 for the group to roll out at 08:30
Group 2 meeting at The Grain Store Coffeehouse NN14 4ES 08:40 for the group to roll out at 08:50
This will avoid too many people meeting at once.
Group 3 meeting at The Watermill ‘Out front’ 08:20 for the group to roll out at 08:30
Group 4 meeting at The Watermill ‘Out front’ 08:40 for the group to roll out at 08:50
Group 5 meeting at The Watermill ‘Out front’ 09:00 for the group to roll out at 09:10
VéloElite – Latest British Cycling advice have suggested that ‘Social’ rides can restart in a very limited way. VéloElite therefore recommend the following:
1 – Max 6 riders.
– Riders may ride 1m apart side by side (new BC guidance)
– Riders should form multiple groups if required
– Groups should be at least 100m apart to prevent bunching at junctions etc
– Maintain 2m social distancing when off the bike
– Backup route recommended in case of significant numbers
– Riders should ride at a suitable pace for all and aim to finish as they start – please don’t drop anyone.
2 – All riders recommended to have:
– Cycle computer or phone etc with route loaded
– Food and Drink – Routes will be planned via ‘open’ cafes, but numbers already at cafes may restrict your ability to stop.
– Equipment & spares to resolve punctures (be self-sufficient)
– Small hand sanitiser
– Face covering for mechanicals and some cafes are also shops and may require face coverings inside
– Backup plan should you need rescuing – phone etc…
3 – Wash hands before leaving home, sanitise or wash during/after the coffee stop
Please apply common sense – We have already seen clusters of 12+ riders from the same cycle club riding around with club shirts giving a bad impression – let’s ensure VéloElite isn’t one of them.
We will keep this under review and keep up with any subsequent guidance from the Government, BC etc…
If you’re driving over, please can you park in the main car park up the hill on the left!
Location is VeloElite, The Office, Woodford Mill, Ringstead, NN14 4DU.
Meet at 08:30 – First group to roll out at 08:45…
Please view group speed estimates, these may differ slightly depending on the conditions and route on the day.
Please ensure that the route is uploaded to your device.
Route for Group 1 and 2 From The Grain Store Coffeehouse
Route for Groups 1 to 5 From The Watermill
Group 1 – 23+ Mph
Group 2 – 21+ Mph
Group 3 – 20+ Mph
Group 3b – 20+ Mph
Group 4 – 18+ Mph
Group 5 – 15+ Mph
Group 6 – 10 – 12 Mph – Route to be confirmed by the group in the morning, usually between 20-25 miles.